The pool is (almost) ready to open! We have passed inspection–one of the first pools in the county to do so, according to our pool management company, Georgetown Aquatics– and we are in final preparations to open the pool in a limited way subject to state and county guidelines. We anticipate opening the pool for lap swim sometime next week.
We are working closely with Georgetown Aquatics, to ready our pool and facilities for use and to ensure compliance with all COVID-19 safety precautions and guidelines as outlined by the State and County. Unfortunately, there has been conflicting guidance from the state, county, and county health department officials as to the specific regulations upon which we will be required to operate. Nonetheless, the Pool Board is assessing those regulations to finalize operating procedures. Please review our specific COVID-19 Safety measures here. We will continue to update the COVID-Safety tab as we receive further guidelines from the County.
You spoke, we listened! Thank you for completing the survey! We had over 120 people share their thoughts, so if you haven’t filled it out yet, please take 2-minutes and complete the survey here. These results have helped us make important decisions for this season:
- Reduced Dues – We will be reducing our membership fee by about 20% due to the shortened season. The updated membership form is available here. We will be in contact with members who have already paid in full.
- Reservation system – We intend to offer a fair and transparent reservation system for membership to book the use of lap lanes or swim time in advance. This will also help us to maintain our pool occupancy to 50 members.
- Swim Team – IRC will offer swim team activities with Coach Brian daily. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
- Lap swimming – Reserved lap swimming will begin late next week. (Date subject to change based on county announcements.) We intend to offer lap swimming until we receive permission from the County for open swim.
- Adult supervision – Due to the requirements of social distancing, children who are 13 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pool Hours – Our proposed general swim hours will likely be noon – 7pm on weekdays and noon – 8pm on weekends, with a scheduled period of sanitation within these hours. Our operating hours will be subject to change as conditions and membership numbers permit.
The IRC Board wants to thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding during this time. Your safety and well-being are our top priority and we have been working hard to ensure we adhere to all the State and County guidelines as we prepare to open.
As always, if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.