Dear IRC Members,
We are happy to announce that starting in July, we have contracted with KOA Sports to arrange for tennis camps as well as lessons and other clinics. Programs will start the first week of July this year and if feedback is positive we plan to have KOA Sports run their programs for the whole season in 2019. Non-member friends and family are welcome to join in these activities, but will be required to pay an additional charge as non-members.
Initially, the day camps will be the main focus for KOA Sports but as we get closer to their kickoff date of July 2 2018, we will be working to get the following additional benefits in place:
- Tennis Round Robins & Socials (i.e. Grand Slam watch parties and club tournaments)
- Smartphone app for court reservations (no fee)
- Communication system for tennis players to setup playing times
- Dedicated onsite Director of Tennis during the tennis season
The Georgetown prep program will not be affected this year as they only run through the end of June.
While the courts will certainly be busier, we have asked KOA Sports to keep one court reserved for IRC member play at all times. In addition, later in the season they will release their app for IRC members to reserve a court time.
Below is a list of all the available formal programs. Visit the tennis page for more details and links for registration. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marco at Marco@KoaSports.org or call him at 301-943-1678. Also, you can visit Koa website at www.KoaSports.org. For IRC related questions you can contact Aziz Araji at email@example.com.
- Summer Camps (9 sessions: July 2-August 31, Monday through Friday)
- Summer Tennis Classes for Juniors AND Adults AND Family
- Tennis Lessons – Private, Semi-Private or Customized Group