Dear IRC Members,
Memorial Day weekend is not that far around the corner! With the recent days of warm weather, we can start to think about taking a dip on opening day when it gets warm for good. You don’t want to miss out this summer, so secure your spot for the summer, by completing and submitting the 2018 Membership PDF form and sending in your payment.
- Refinishing the pool’s white coat, which is the surface that protects the pool foundation, and makes it smooth and white (read: No More Pool Toe!) It usually lasts 7-10 years and unfortunately is very expensive but a necessary investment in our pool infrastructure. Our current whitecoat is approaching its 8th year, and needs to be refinished, which is scheduled for the Spring.
- Repaired the tennis court fencing and seasonal repairs to the playing surface have been budgeted. Our Spring tennis programs start in late April, but registration has already begun so check the website for info.
- Replacing worn-out chairs, loungers and umbrellas again this year, as we’ve done the past three years. We usually see how strong membership is before we decide how many to purchase.
- Reinvigorating the swim team program. Stay tuned for some exciting news, including the introduction of a new coach!
- Reinforcing our focus on building community through a fun and lively calendar of social events for kids and adults.
As you can see, we’ve needed to invest in some important upgrades, but the good news is: we’ve kept dues near 2017 levels with only a nominal increase, so we hope you choose to join us again this year.
You’ll find that IRC is a great place to spend your summer!
President of the Board